I was going to do a top ten skincare post, but when I put the list together, I came up with eight clear choices. So this is my “great eight.” While it’s a mix of day time and night time routine products, I use many twice a day. Here they are–in no particular order of greatness:
- Pratima Neem Rose Facial Sunscreen SPF 30. (Reviewed here.) Why I love it: It’s light, fluffy, and (most importantly) non-greasy. It’s natural–the ingredients list has a handful of recognizable items on it. When I use it: Morning, of course!
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. (Reviewed here.) Why I love it: The mix of acids and calming ingredients in these pads allow me to do the important “acid toning” portion of my routine in a way that is gentle enough to use every day. Also, while it’s not a “green brand” the ingredients list contains recognizable stuff. When I use it: Evening after my second cleanse with number 4.
- Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Active Moisture Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil & Makeup Remover. (Reviewed here.) Why I love it: While it’s oil-based, it turns milky when you add water and rinses clean. Also natural. No need to towel it off! It gets makeup OFF. It smells like a tropical drink and so it encourages you to take your time massaging it in—so relaxing. When I use it: Evening (as my first cleanse).
- Yuli Halcyon Cleanser (Reviewed here.) Why I love it: Let’s just start with this: Yuli is green luxe beauty personified. It’s natural, beautifully formulated and cleans without stripping. Skin just looks better after use. It’s a perfect follow up to an oil cleanse. When I use it: Evening as my second cleanse after number 3 and sometimes morning too.
- Yuli Panacea Elixir (Review here.) Why I love it: This natural “cure all” spray toner tones, refines, and plumps skin. It is fabulous. Period. When I use it: Morning and evening in between acid toning and moisturizing.
- Waxlene (Reviewed here.) Why I love it: This is the cheap thrill of the lot. Touted as the “petroleum jelly alternative,” it’s a great balm coating my lips (and, when I remember, my elbows). When I use it: Evening.
- Kahina Giving Night Cream (Reviewed here.) This was a serendipitous find. I got it when my usual night-time moisturizer was on back order and, wow. This stuff is so softening, soothing, and hydrating. When I use it: Evening.
- Skinceuticals Vitamin CE Ferulic. (Not yet reviewed.) This antioxidant serum may smell a bit weird, but it is a powerhouse that also boosts the efficacy of your sunscreen. It’s science, people. When I use it: Morning before sunscreen.